Between Holidays parties, shopping, family get togethers, the Holidays can leave us a little stressed and stretched on time. However, it is so important not to neglect your sleep! By sleeping the recommended 8 hours per night can help.
- Try to take some afternoon siestas! Getting a little afternoon nap in can help if your bedtime schedule is interrupted from holiday parties.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule. This may be hard during the holidays, but try and go to bed and wake up around the same time every day.
- Relax before bed. Deep breathing exercises, reading, light yoga, soothing bath, are some helpful suggestions for relaxing before bed.
- Make lists. Many of us reflect on the day and days ahead while getting into bed at night. Make a list so you won’t forget what you need to do.
- Remember to UNPLUG. Starring a phone screen, computer screen, or the television can hinder your sleep.