Sleep is essential to our mental and physical health. In order to optimize your sleep below is a list of healthy sleep tips according to the National Sleep Foundation.
- Have a Sleep Schedule. Go to bed and wake up the same time everyday.
- Establish a Bedtime Ritual. By forming a bedtime ritual, you are forming a habit. This will help train your body when bedtime comes & wind down.
- No more Naps. If you have trouble falling asleep at night, it could be because you are sleeping too much during the day.
- Exercise. Exercise. Exercise. Sometimes we do not get enough energy out during the day and this can cause restlessness at night.
- Room Conditions are a must. To achieve optimal sleep, your room must be conducive to some sleep conditions. First, the temperature must be between 60-67 degrees. Sleeping too cool or too hot can disrupt sleep. The room must be free from any noise & distractions. Some common interruptions are televisions, cell phones, tablets, computers, neighbors, and more. Consider a noise machine to drown out loud noises and turning off mobile devises.
- Sleep on Comfortable Mattress & Pillows. Comfort Sleep Systems offers a wide range of different mattresses and pillows. To make the best selection for you, stop by the factory showroom for a rest test. A mattress should make you feel supported and comfortable at the same time.
- Lights. Avoid bright lights at night and utilize the daylight in the morning.
- Avoid alcohol, heavy meals, & cigarettes in the evening. These can all disrupt sleep.
- Only uses for your bed should be sleep & sex. If you find that you cannot relax, go to a different room and do something else.