We have a new line of affordable furniture on our showroom floor. Introducing Innovations. Choose from a variety of platform style beds made of solid wood and various finishes to fit any decor. The innovations line also features a variety of under bed storage drawers, case goods, day beds, and bunk beds to choose from. All at affordable prices, its a no brainer to take a look!
The terms ‘talalay’ and ‘dunlop’ refer to the two different methods of manufacturing latex rubber for sleep products. The dunlop process was developed in 1929 and was the first method used to produce latex material for bedding. As technology progressed, the talalay process was developed during World War II. The talalay process for producing latex is significantly more complex and costly, resulting in a softer more buoyant and luxurious finished product.
- Liquid latex formulation is pouring into a mold and sealed closed.
- Vacuum is created to disperse liquid latex throughout mold
- liquid latex is flash frozen
- Frozen latex is flash heated to ‘gel’ into permanent solid form
- Cooled solid latex is removed from mold
- liquid latex formulation is poured onto a long conveyor belt
- liquid latex is slowly heated to gel into permanent solid form
- cooled solid latex is removed from conveyor belt
Why #2 Vacuum? This allows any amount of latex to be evenly distributed through the mold creating precise and varied firmnesses with the finished latex. The more liquid latex that is poured into the model the firmer the resulting solid latex. This differs from the dunlop process since the dunlop process has very little ability to vary the firmness or feel while maintaining the structural integrity. The only way to ‘soften’ the dunlop is to add fillers into the liquid latex which results in solid latex that is flaky and breaks down quickly.
Why #3 Flash Freeze? Flash freezing provides talalay with its uniquely consistent characteristic. Liquid latex is a suspension of rubber particles in water, like a shaken snow globe. Flash freezing prevents the latex particles from settling to the bottom while gelling into a solid product. This means that the resulting piece of solid talalay latex has the same consistent feel from top to bottom.
This differs from the dunlop process because dunlop does not utilize a freeze step. Therefore, the rubber particles settle to the bottom while the liquid latex is gelling into a solid form resulting in a variation of feel from top to bottom.
All in all the talalay process take four times longer than the dunlop with the two additional steps that increase consistency, quality, and feel of the finished latex.
What is shift work? A shift worker is someone who works outside of the ‘traditional’ 9-5 business day. Due to increased global demands, more and more people are on ‘shift work’ in our society to be available 24 hrs. Millions of Americans are considered shift workers from Doctors & nurses, pilots, bridge workers, fire fighters, drivers, manufacturers, police officers and many many more.
Many shift workers suffer from frequent sleep disturbance and excess fatigue due to interrupted sleep patterns. This can lead to poor concentration, accidents, errors, and injuries.
Tips during shift work hours
- Avoid long commutes and extended hours.
- Take short nap breaks throughout the shift
- Work with others to help keep you alert
- Be active during breaks. Talk short walks.
- Do your most tedious tasks first. Studies show shift workers are most tired between 4 and 5am.
- Stay hydrated
- Wear dark sunglasses on the commute home (if driving back in the early morning) so the sun does not disturb your eyes
- Try to keep the same sleep routine. Go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time.
- Utilize eye masks and ear plugs.
- Avoid caffeine
- Avoid alcohol
Some of our mattresses at Comfort Sleep Systems utilize the Comfort Core Coil System by Leggett and Platt. These all USA Made coils are fabric encased steel to deliver superior support and comfort.
Advantages of L&P Comfort Core Technology
- Minimized motion disturbance. Tossing and turning doesn’t have to be a shared experience. With each coil flexing independently of the others, Comfort Core diminishes the disturbance caused by a partner moving.
- Superior core support. As soon as you curl up on a mattress with Comfort Core, you will experience immediate comfort and softness delivered from the top of the coil. Yet, pleasantly surprised by the firm and responsive support originating from the coil’s bottom section.
- Unbelievable conformability. The Comfort Cores definitely have a sensitive side. They literally conform to the unique contours of a person’s body and react intelligently to them – adjusting instantly to individual sleep movements.
Many people think that adjustable beds are only for those with health conditions. Not true. Adjustable bed bases have had an increased demand within the past few years due to comfort, lifestyle, and health reasons.
One of the primary benefits of an adjustable bed is the bed allows for ergonomically correct positioning allowing for a natural curvature of the spine during sleep. This helps maintain proper posture throughout sleep. Each person is different and each person needs his/her own optimal sleeping position.
Adjustable beds have a numerous advantages including, healthy posture, pressure relief, proper circulation, and customized support.
If you have any of the following ailments or health concerns, you should consider trying an adjustable bed for health concerns:
- Acid Reflux
- Heart Problems
- Asthma or another breathing problem
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck or shoulder tension
- Aches and Pains
- Restless leg syndrome
- Lack of joint mobility
- Sleep apnea
- Spinal Stenosis
- Post surgery healing
- Relax in bed more comfortably
- Massage benefits (on select bases)
- Ease of watching TV
- East of reading
- Customizable positions
Here at Comfort Sleep Systems, many of our mattresses are adjustable bed friendly. What does that mean? It means that YOU get to select which mattress you like and pair it with which adjustable base you like. Why do we do this? It helps keep you in the drivers seat and in control of what you want and need. A CSS consultant will guide you throughout the process.
List of Comfort Sleep Systems Mattresses Adjustable Bed Ready:
- Outrageous Series
- Ultra Performance Series
- Blue Heaven Series
- Blue Heaven II
- Posture Foam
- Cloud9 Foam
- Beauty Sleep
- Beautiful by Pure Latex Bliss
- Nature by Pure Latex Bliss
- Pamper by Pure Latex Bliss
- Worlds best by Pure Latex Bliss
- Nutrition by Pure Latex Bliss
- And more!
We are always making new designs and mattresses. If you do not see your CSS mattress in this list, ask us about it! We are happy to help!
Sleep is essential to our mental and physical health. In order to optimize your sleep below is a list of healthy sleep tips according to the National Sleep Foundation.
- Have a Sleep Schedule. Go to bed and wake up the same time everyday.
- Establish a Bedtime Ritual. By forming a bedtime ritual, you are forming a habit. This will help train your body when bedtime comes & wind down.
- No more Naps. If you have trouble falling asleep at night, it could be because you are sleeping too much during the day.
- Exercise. Exercise. Exercise. Sometimes we do not get enough energy out during the day and this can cause restlessness at night.
- Room Conditions are a must. To achieve optimal sleep, your room must be conducive to some sleep conditions. First, the temperature must be between 60-67 degrees. Sleeping too cool or too hot can disrupt sleep. The room must be free from any noise & distractions. Some common interruptions are televisions, cell phones, tablets, computers, neighbors, and more. Consider a noise machine to drown out loud noises and turning off mobile devises.
- Sleep on Comfortable Mattress & Pillows. Comfort Sleep Systems offers a wide range of different mattresses and pillows. To make the best selection for you, stop by the factory showroom for a rest test. A mattress should make you feel supported and comfortable at the same time.
- Lights. Avoid bright lights at night and utilize the daylight in the morning.
- Avoid alcohol, heavy meals, & cigarettes in the evening. These can all disrupt sleep.
- Only uses for your bed should be sleep & sex. If you find that you cannot relax, go to a different room and do something else.
Sleep: We all need it.
Sleep is essential to your mental and physical health. There are some questions to ask yourself to see if you are doing all you can to optimize your sleep to achieve ‘healthy sleep.’ For example, how many hours of sleep are you getting per night? How long does it take for you to fall asleep? Do you feel alert during your waking hours?
According to the National Sleep Foundation, if you agree with the following bullets, then you are on your way to healthy sleep:
- Fall asleep within 15-20 minutes of lying down to sleep
- Sleep 7-10 hours per night (or 24 hours period)
- Wake up feeling refreshed
- Feel alert during waking hours
- Experience continuous sleep
Read this article from the National Sleep Foundation for more details to see if you are getting the most out of your nights sleep.
We have all heard that sleeping with your dog or cat in bed is a bad idea. However, sleeping with pets is not unusual in the USA. According to a study conducted by the American Pet Products Association, almost half of dogs sleep in their owner’s beds.
HEALTH CONCERNS. People who suffer from pet allergies should not sleep with their pets.
EMOTIONS. Our fur babies have a special place in our hearts and it can be therapeutic to have them in bed with us.
It is fine to have your pets in bed as long as it does not disrupt your sleep cycle or health. Just make sure not to roll over on your fur baby!
For more scientific information on pets in bed, visit this link from Psychology Today.
We all want the perfect, quick answer to ‘which mattress is right for me?’ However, the ideal mattress is different for everyone. Which is reason why it is so important to try out different mattresses to determine comfort, support, pressure point relief, firmness, etc. Here are some helpful tips on what to do while shopping for your next mattress.
The best way to find out which mattress is right for you is to follow these simple steps.
TAKE A REST TEST. You would not buy a car without test driving it first, so why would you buy a mattress without testing it out first? Make sure you take ample time trying out each mattress. When you test out a mattress, make sure it feels comfortable in every position, especially the side you favor for sleeping.
KNOW WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU. Prior to trying out mattresses, explain to the Comfort Sleep Systems consultant what is important to you. Is it firmness, price, certain materials, or something else?
RELAX. Wear comfortable clothing while shopping for a mattress. This helps you move around into different sleeping positions and puts you in a more relaxed mind frame. Additionally, take a few deep breaths for good measure when laying on each mattress to help relax your body.
KNOW WHAT AILS YOU. Tell the Comfort Sleep Systems Consultant what ails you so they can help point you in the right mattress direction. Do you have back pain, shoulder pain, arthritis, or something else? If so, there are certain mattresses that people tend to feel more comfortable on.
Here at Comfort Sleep Systems we will work with you to help find your ideal mattress. Stop by our factory showroom to try out some mattresses. All made locally.