Sleep: We all need it.
Sleep is essential to your mental and physical health. There are some questions to ask yourself to see if you are doing all you can to optimize your sleep to achieve ‘healthy sleep.’ For example, how many hours of sleep are you getting per night? How long does it take for you to fall asleep? Do you feel alert during your waking hours?
According to the National Sleep Foundation, if you agree with the following bullets, then you are on your way to healthy sleep:
- Fall asleep within 15-20 minutes of lying down to sleep
- Sleep 7-10 hours per night (or 24 hours period)
- Wake up feeling refreshed
- Feel alert during waking hours
- Experience continuous sleep
Read this article from the National Sleep Foundation for more details to see if you are getting the most out of your nights sleep.